During today’s headshot photo session, the last one I’ll be doing prior to maternity leave, we received an unexpected visitor. Out of the woods came a huge turtle – one of the largest I’ve actually seen without being at the zoo! We weren’t sure what type of turtle it was, but my husband, our resident turtle expert, promptly identified it as a snapping turtle. We’re guessing it was on its way to the pond, where it was going to catch some lunch (it was about lunch time, at any rate!). The turtle was not perturbed at all by the camera, or that I was within 2 feet of it – in fact, it actually started walking towards me, and I had to back up to focus the camera. I learned later these turtles have extremely powerful jaws (hence, snapping) and can charge you, so obviously, as with anything in nature, it’s important to be respectful. We didn’t stay to watch the turtle continue on its journey to water, but we did have fun being in the right place at the right time!
- Updating the blog
- A great tool for wedding planning: the OneWed app!
- Day 1261 – What Do You Get When You Put A Bunch Of Photographers In A Studio With Christmas Props?
- Shawna Sherrell Photography Published in Wedding411 Summer 2012 Magazine
- Taneytown Wedding Photographer – Nikki & Dom – Antrim 1844
- A Contest for Brides & Grooms – OneWed’s “Show Your Platinum Promotion”
- An Unexpected Visitor
- Shawna Sherrell Photography Receives Reviewed on OneWed 2010 Award
- Find Shawna Sherrell Photography on Facebook
- A Helpful Music Tool for Weddings and Other Celebrations